Many Sellers will say, “The Winter season is slow.” Or, “No one is really buying or selling.” And “I will wait until Spring”
The truth is, it’s better to be ahead than behind. The winter months are the perfect opportunity for you to find a motivated Buyer.
Here are 11 reasons why to list your home in the Winter;
11. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the early Spring when there are traditionally more houses on the market.
10. You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until next year.
9. Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days around the Holidays.
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transfers cannot wait until Spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the winter to capture that market.
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a regular work week.
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays.
3. When supply goes down it means there is a greater opportunity to capture motivated buyers AND a better sales price for you.
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the winter and less competition means more money for you.
And the number one reason why you should sell during the winter …
1. People who look for homes during the winter are more serious buyers!